Amateur radio: SSH Updating hotspot firmware via Pi-Star
Firmware release notes on GitHub: ZUMspot/MMDVM_HS
- ZUMspot board connected to GPIO: sudo pistar-zumspotflash rpi
- MMDVM_HS_Hat board with 14.7456 MHz TCXO1 connected to GPIO: sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash hs_hat
- MMDVM_HS_Hat board with 12.288 MHz TCXO connected to GPIO: sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash hs_hat-12mhz
- MMDVM_HS_DUAL_Hat board with 14.7456 MHz TCXO connected to GPIO: sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash hs_dual_hat
- MMDVM_HS_DUAL_Hat board with 12.288 MHz TCXO connected to GPIO: sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash hs_dual_hat-12mhz
- Nano Hat board connected to GPIO: sudo pistar-vyehsflash nano_hs
- HS_DUAL_HAT (VR2VYE) connected to GPIO: sudo pistar-vyehsflash hs_dual_hat (m0ppr)
- NanoDV NPi board: sudo pistar-nanodvflash pi
- NanoDV USB board: sudo pistar-nanodvflash usb
- BD7KLE/BG3MDO devices: sudo pistar-mdoflash
- ZUMspot duplex board connected to GPIO: sudo pistar-zumspotflash rpi_duplex
- ZUMspot USB key: sudo pistar-zumspotflash usb
- USB-connected Libre Modem: sudo pistar-zumspotflash libre
Be patient, this step takes a bit of time during which it doesn’t look like anything is happening.
2 thoughts on “How to update firmware (*not* Pi-Star) software on your MMDVM Hotspot”
root@pi-star(rw):pi-star# sudo pistar-vyehsflash hs_dual_hat
Press any key to write the hs_dual_hat firmware to this modem or Ctrl-C to quit…
Flashing your hs_dual_hat modem to the latest version
No URLs found in -.
I do believe this is either out dated, or broken.. .
Have you tried to compile new firmware and flash recently?
Hi, no, I did it roughly a year ago and I have not tried since then 🙁