St Giles Church as it stands today has its origins in 1386, when a bequest was given to start the building the church. By 1424, the tower was almost finished, and by 1430 the building was complete enough for funerals to take place. The chancel is more modern and was built during the 19th century. St Giles, on the north side of St Giles Street, has the tallest parish church tower in Norwich. The tower rises over 120 ft (36m) from the highest ground in Norwich, dominating the river valley to the north and the western approach to the city.
View Larger Map
845 total views, 1 views today